Who Are We? …
Yakima Valley Pet Rescue is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to the rescue, care, and adoption of unwanted, neglected, or death row dogs and cats. We also provide assistance to families who can no longer care for their pet, or who find a stray they cannot keep, or by providing less expensive spay/neuter and vaccination alternatives.
In addition, we provide pet owner and spay/neuter education through our many events around the valley and state. We believe that prevention of unwanted puppies and kittens is the most critical way to reduce the number of animals that suffer hunger and neglect, or that die in shelters. PLEASE have your pet spayed or neutered to help solve the pet overpopulation crisis in Eastern Washington!
Our Objectives …
Our primary objectives to meet our mission are:
- Promote the welfare of all pets, to eliminate their suffering, and act as an extension of the education of the humane treatment of pets.
- Perform whatever duties possible in an effort to provide humane care and treatment for unwanted and displaced pets.
- Return lost pets to their owners whenever possible.
- Protect and place as many healthy, temperamentally sound pets in homes where they will receive quality, lifelong care.
- Provide a second chance at life to those pets who are neglected, on death row at animal shelters, or can no longer be cared for by their owner.
- Partner with all legitimate rescue resources, individuals, and organizations, in an effort to place pets in homes where they will receive quality, lifelong care.
Come Meet Us!
Yakima Valley Pet Rescue invites you to our Board Meetings held the first Thursday of each month at 6:30pm at our office at 1009 Fruitvale Blvd, Yakima, WA.
The current Board Members of Yakima Valley Pet Rescue are:
Shelley Cort, President
Bev Mitchell, Vice-President
Coreen Thomas, Treasurer
Beth Swan, Secretary
Deb Wagner, Board Member
Lynaya McCallum, Board Member
Kristal George, Board Member
Tambra Shuler, Cat Program Coordinator
Carol Pogorelc, Volunteer Coordinator
How You Can Help
Spread the Word on the Importance of Spaying and Neutering Pets
Make a Donation to Yakima Valley Pet Rescue
Donations can be made with your debit or credit card through our secure PayPal account:
or, you can send a check to:
Yakima Valley Pet Rescue & Adoption Center
P O Box 944
Yakima, Washington 98907