**IMPORTANT INFORMATION Regarding Adoptions**
The Petfinder bio contains all of the information we know about the pet. Before a meet can be set up an application must be filled out and accepted. We do not have a kennel facility; all of our pets are in homes, foster or otherwise. There will be an opportunity to ask questions and go into more detail before the meet and an adoption may or may not happen at that time. A meet or an adoption will take place at either our rescue facility or at a place determined by the foster home or board member and adoption coordinator.
We cannot hold dogs for more than one week after adoption application has been accepted without a deposit. Adopting a new pet is a big responsibility and we have some requirements that each applicant must follow to adopt one of our rescue animals. More adoption information is below.
Our organization is run 100% by volunteers, please be patient as we review your application. Each week we have new cats and dogs needing homes, so check back often! All of our pets are spayed/neutered before being placed in their new homes. If they are not fixed (such as when under 6 months of age), you are required to present a pre-paid alter receipt from your vet before you can adopt them.
Thank you for considering adoption first and good luck with your search for your “furever” friend!
Please visit our Adoption FAQ for answers to frequently asked questions!
Pet Adoption Process
1. Check out all our wonderful adoptable pets!!!
2. If you find a pet that you are interested in, write down the name and description.
3. Return to this YVPR Adoption page.
4. Complete and submit an Online Dog or Cat Application Form:
If you have any trouble with the online forms, you can also submit a word document form:
5. If you are being considered as a potential adopter, you should hear back within 72 hours.
6. If your application is accepted, you will be required to read and sign our Adoption Agreement before taking home a pet. This may be sent to you via email or done at the time of adoption.
Pet Adoption Fees
All adoptions are cash only, and can be subject to change.
All pets will be altered, up to date on vaccinations (depending on age, and where the dog is to be adopted this may include rabies, and bordetella) and dewormed.
- Puppies: Altered and under 6 months $250.00
- Puppies: Unaltered, under 6 months with a pre-pay alter receipt from your vet $150.00
- Adult Dogs: Six months of age to 10 years $200.00
- Senior Dogs: 10 Years and older – please inquire regarding fee for our senior dogs
- Special Adoption Event Prices will vary by the events requirements but may go up to $250.00
- Adult Cats and Kittens: Adoption fees are $55. With kittens, you also get a voucher to have the kitten spayed or neutered (at no cost to you) at a local participating veterinarian. If you are from out of town you will need a pre-paid spay/neuter receipt from your own veterinarian
How Are Our Applications Reviewed?
We try to place our listed pets in the best possible homes, so we reserve the right to check references and deny an adoption should we feel it is not the right match between the applicant and the pet. All dogs and cats are temperament tested prior to being placed. We will often rely on the previous owner’s statement to provide you with as much information as possible.
Donations: In addition to the fee, we encourage you to consider giving a donation. Many of our rescue pets have extensive medical and care costs. Any amount is always appreciated. Thank you!
Other Adoption Information
Come Visit Our Pets! Yakima Valley Pet Rescue takes part in a number of adoption events where our rescue pets are available for adoption. Adoption applications are available at these events to fill out. Check our Events Calendar often for upcoming adoption events.
Barn Cats! Yakima Valley Pet Rescue is looking for homes for barn cats. Typically they are feral cats with questionable people skills. These cats will be vaccinated and altered and there is no adoption fee. The only condition is they are provided food, water, and shelter. Our barn cats are not listed on Petfinder. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.