The Yakima Valley Pet Rescue & Adoption Center (YVPR) is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit, dedicated to rescuing and finding loving forever homes for homeless, neglected, and unwanted pets in the Yakima Valley. We are also dedicated to the avocation and education on pet ownership responsibilities, such as spaying and neutering. We are a completely volunteer organization and depend on the dedication of our volunteers to be a successful and sustainable animal rescue group.
PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW CAREFULLY!!! Steps to becoming a YVPR volunteer:
- All volunteers must fill out this Volunteer Application form before conducting YVPR volunteer activities. You can submit this form many ways:
- Fill out the online application and click submit. The application will be sent to email@example.com.
- Print out the pdf form, fill it out by hand, and send it to us snail mail, drop it off at our office during operating hours (typically Wednesday and Saturday, 10-Noon), scan and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or bring it to a board meeting.
- Before you can begin volunteering, you will also be required to sign a Volunteer Agreement and Waiver / Release of Liability. This form can be found on our Volunteer webpage or will be requested by the volunteer coordinator.
- If you are under 18 years of age, a parent or legal guardian must also sign the application, agreement and waiver forms. An adult may be required to accompany minors during some volunteering activities. Proof of age may be requested.
- You must obtain a copy of the volunteer hours tracking sheet. It is important to log all your hours and activities for our records, and submit them regularly. Ask the volunteer coordinator for a copy.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with YVPR! This information will only be used to help connect you with volunteer experiences and for contact purposes. It will not be released to any outside group or person.